Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Ok so it's been a while since I've posted. Work,end of Tommys school year, old age.... you name it. Well to update, it has been nearly 5 weeks since I last had meat. And to be quite honest I feel better. I feel healthier. So about this NAGA tournament. There was only one other guy in my division and he deiced to fight up a weight class. In retrospect I realy should have been watching my weight. Dan on the other hand got 2nd place in his division. Dan has been my "frankenstein project" for the past 9 months. The first time I met Dan I thought he looked like a former football player. In reality he played basketball. He can actually dunk. Crazy. On top of that he's actually a gamer. Dan owns Redfly studio. He makes video games for a living. About 9 months ago Dan started training with me. In all of my years of training Dan is far and away the most gifted athlete I've ever trained. When he told me he wanted to grapple, I thought "here we go. Another guy who wants to say he's tough" What Dan became was an incredible student. He consistantly fed his mind the sport of jiu jitsu. He moves like a 135 pounder yet possesses the power of a superheavyweight. Wrap that into 245 pounds of pure agression. We have this saying when we roll. No Dan Smash!!!!!!!!!!!! that's a reminder to him not to kill us. Next up for Dan and I Grapplers Quest in Vegas July10th and 11th. I can't wait. Check big Dan out. I'm just glad he's not throwing me around.

No comments:

Post a Comment