Monday, June 15, 2009

So I always get asked about our saturday class. Is it realy hard?Depends on who you ask. I started the saturday class by just walking in the gym one day and grabbing a couple of guys and asking them if they wanted to try some new stuff. As the weeks have progressed a few people have come and gone.

As you can tell, I realy like the circuit style of workout. While I do enjoy doing the traditional lifts(bench,squat,curls,tri extension,bentover rows,dead lift,power clean) I have found that taking several exrecises and stringing them together has given me the best results in terms of performance.

When I first started working out I would stare at the guys in the muscle mags , and wish I could get that big. Muscles meant strength. Strength meant respect. Respect meant awe. I still see those guys in the gym whose sole purpose in hitting the gym is "getting huge". As the years have progressed a new meaning of fitness has come to light. Bodybuliders aren't considered the picture of health anymore. A new "hybrid" athlete has come to light. An athlete that can bench his bodyweight 20 times, do 20 pullups, run a 7 minute mile for 3 miles straight, swim for 1/2 a mile, and jump on a 36 inch high platform 20 times. This athlete looks fit, not bulky or skinny. This athlete can adapt his/her body to any sport they chose. They are complete athletes.

This style of workout is completely adaptable to any level of fitness. It's all a matter of degrees. In one minute will you do 10 pushups on your knees or 50 on your toes? It's up to you how hard you push yourself.If you show up on Saturday though, it is up to me. Come by.

No comments:

Post a Comment