Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Let's talk about what's really important........Fashion? As the fitness industry has changed over the years, so to has the fashion industry that caters to it. No more sweat pants and hanes t-shirts to work out in. The fitness industry now has several options to workout in. Nike doesn't make just shoes anymore. Armani has a line of fitness clothes. So what is the best? Well what ever you feel comfortable in for starters.Here's my 2 cents worth:

Nike: much like polo the Nike brand never goes out of style. Often copied, never replicated. Nike provides different styles for men and women. I love their shoes. Nike is no longer just running shoes. With the explosion of Michael Jordan several years ago Nike has marketed itself to all sports. running,tennis,football,baseball,basketball,golf,swimming,soccer,cycling, and jsut about everything else. I like Nike clothing. Sometimes it doesn't last so long. My fiance tells me they make the best jog bras.

Stella McCartney: Well..............it's expensive. Sometimes clothing designers overcomplicate things. It's workout clothes afterall. Who really needs all those zippers and pleats? I'm told their workout bags are amazing but the clothes never fit quite right.

Puma: I actually think Puma has some real stylish stuff. Their clothes are made a little more for fashion then they are for working out. Puma has made some good shoes. Bold colors and very sleek lines.Very affordable.

UnderArmor: I love the UnderArmor story. Started by a bunch of young guys out of the back of their car. They made spandex look tough. They are geared a little more for men but I have been seeing some Under Armor clothes for women out there. UA makes their clothing for practicality. If it's usefull they include it. One drawback. They will start retain that"sweat smell" after a while.Also if you don't like spandex, UA has made sure to include some nice dry fit loose fitting options.

LULU Lemon:I gotta say I wasn't a big fan of this stuff in the beginning. LULU Lemon was more geared towards yoga. On top of that they were expensive. One visit to the LULU Lemon store changed all of that. Aside from kickboxing and MMA shorts and shirts, LULU Lemon is the only , I repeat only fitness clothing I wear. I love it. It fits perfectly. It's made out of all natural fibers. And I swear it will never stink. Their clothing is built for,style,comfort,and support. Yes they still make yoga clothes. They also make so much more. I literally physically walk my clients over to LULU Lemon to get clothes sometimes. I have never had a disappointed client. Even the frugal men have to admit the clothes are the best.

Now back to that whole fitness thing I do. No gym no problem. Karen is demoing a leg routine that anyone can do in their home. Starting tomorrow You'll actually see some posts of me getting tortured. And yes I'll be wearing LuLu Lemon shorts.

No comments:

Post a Comment