Tuesday, September 1, 2009

What Else Can You Do?

You've got to be kidding me! Seriously? Where the hell did you come up with that? That's just twisted. I hate you. These are all the remarks I get from people I tell to do the seemingly impossible. Mind over matter. You're only as tough as your last workout. Ok that is silly. The truth is some hurdles are meant to be jumped over. We all have that hurdle that we hesitate 1 extra second longer than we should. Ok maybe this is a metaphor for lfe.

When I first met Lee he was as gym member. He worked out regularly but nothing special. You know, push ,pull,squat,crunch. he always wore these horrible wife beater tank tops. One day I grabbed him and few other guys and said "lets try something new."

Lee is a bonifide maniac now. He is doing things that I find difficult. He has watched his diet, become inventive with his workouts, and just blazed past me in cardio conditioning.

What's his motivation? Maybe to make me look bad. Whatever it is , it's working for him. On this day I caught Lee after he had done an hour workout and asked him to try this simple task. It goes to show that with a willing mind and capable body...........Tom can convince you to try anything.

Try this at home

5 squat thrust with 12lb weights

10 squat thrusts with 10 lb weights

20 squat thrusts with 5 lb weights

No comments:

Post a Comment