Thursday, December 24, 2009

WHAT A GREAT YEAR

I love a good story! I'm a sucker for romance. I cry these days over just about anything. Sometimes the very best stories are right in fromt of us. They don't need to have movie stars or big budgets. Just the people we know.
I wrote about Patti a few months back. In October of 2008 she found out that she had cancer. 2009 was to include 6 chemotherapy sessions, and 3 very invasive surgeries. In October of this year Patti and many of her friends and family ran/walked the Race for the Cure in Austin. It was amazing to see so many shirts that said "survivor" on them. What moved me the most were the shirts that said "in memory of". As I said before, I lost my Aunt to cancer . I think about her everyday. She was my inspiration to make fitness my career when others told me I was stupid. Everyday I go to work, I walk in with her in my heart.
Patti and her family have had a remarkable year. As I write Patti is at home recuperating from her final surgery. I'm so proud of the lessons that everyone has taught me this year. I may teach people how to get in physical shape , but in many instances my clients show me how I want to live.
I'm fortunate to have all these amazing people around me. So for Patti, Michael,Kathy, Brent,Jean,Anne Marie,Maureen,Ted, Chela,Norman,Geoffrey,Tim, Mark,Kendra,Michael, Susie,Hayden,Shallon,Sharon,Tim,Bridge,Alex,Annie Tate,Wendy,Heather,Kevin,Kathy, Charles,Angela,Pierre,Margaret,Mary,Big Dan,Matt,Brent, Nancy,Carrie,Rose,TJ,Becky(and baby),Teresa,Owen,Scott,Meg,Lee,Bob and Chere' Thankyou for opening your hearts and lives to me. I love you guys and hope you all have a wonderful Holliday. Be safe. And don't over indulge too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment