Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Today put an end to my "warm weather is comming" theory. This morning within the course of about 30 min the temperature dropped from 71 to 49 . Not only that, but that sudden drop in temperature was followed by rain.  I'm sure by now everyone absolutely hates the word....pushup. This morning we did absolutely every variation of pushups known to man. It's bad when your body is begging for weighted jumping jacks. 
  So how is it that we can talk our bodies into doing the impossible? One thing is for sure, your surroundings have a great deal to do with what gets you moving.  At Austin Fitness Extreme misery loves company. At the very least, everyone is cursing me under their breathes as I tell them to do "spiderman pushups". Large groups help motivate eachother. As long as there is no mutiny I'm all about it. One thing I do is play a wide variety of music. Everything from Ludacris to Franz Ferdinand to Vampire Weekend to Slipknot.  Music can help push you. Try working out to the soundtrack of Yentl. See how that works for you. Get a good mix before you take a run.
   I thought of this as I prepared for my own personal workout this morning at 8am. I had an empty hour so I decided to workout. For 10 minutes I played old Guns and Roses and then I was ready to go. Believe me, if I would have had a VCR, I would have popped in Rocky 4 and got completely psyched. 
   They should sell a mixed VHS tape containing nothing but training sequences from Rocky,1,2,3,4,5,6 and from Vision Quest, and Pumping Iron.  I'm telling you, I'd be the first person in line to get it.
   Get motivated people. Summer is almost here. For anyone who is curious, Below is the workout I did today

45 lb olympic bar squat and press  10 reps
70 lb two handed kettlebell swing  10 reps
side2side pushups on medicine ball 10 reps
60lb barbell bicep curl      10 reps
dips on bench                      10 reps
4foot plyo bench jump     10 reps
overhand pull ups             10 reps
45lb olympic bar upright rows   10 reps
jumping with and without 70lb kettlebell 10 reps
Around the world and back with 45lb plate

I did this circuit 5 times.  Friday I'm thinking the "deck of Cards". I better get some good music ready.

1 comment:

  1. Please describe what you mean by "jumping with and without [] kettlebell" and "around the world and back with 45lb plate". I watched Nick (briefly) do the around the world, but didn't catch the whole motion, and I'm curious.

    ReplyDelete